I am happy to share about the release of my first book , “Metasploit Penetration testing Cookbook”. After a dedicated effort of 10 months and strong support from the SecurityXploded community, my project finally completed on time. The book is published under Packt publishing house and is available on all major online stores like amazon, ebay, packt, itunes Appstore etc. I hope this book will add one more weapon to SX’s arsenal of security products. Here is a small introduction about the book.
About the Book
Metasploit® software helps security and IT professionals identify security issues, verify vulnerability mitigations, and manage expert-driven security assessments. Capabilities include smart exploitation, password auditing, web application scanning, and social engineering. Teams can collaborate in Metasploit and present their findings in consolidated reports. The goal of the software is to provide a clear understanding of the critical vulnerabilities in any environment and to manage those risks.
Metasploit Penetration Testing Cookbook targets both professionals and beginners to the framework. The chapters of the book are logically arranged with an increasing level of complexity and cover Metasploit aspects ranging from pre-exploitation to the post-exploitation phase thoroughly
The recipe structure of the book provides a good mix of both theoretical understanding and practical implementation.
This book will help readers in thinking from a hacker’s perspective to dig out the flaws in target networks and also to leverage the powers of Metasploit to compromise them. It will take your penetration skills to the next level.
The book starts with the basics such as gathering information about your target and gradually covers advanced topics like building your own framework scripts and modules. The book goes deep into operating systems-based penetration testing techniques and moves ahead with client-based exploitation methodologies. In the post- exploitation phase, it covers meterpreter, antivirus bypass, ruby wonders, exploit building, porting exploits to framework, and third party tools like armitage, and SET.
What you will learn from this book
• Set up a complete penetration testing environment using metasploit and virtual machines
• Learn to penetration-test popular operating systems such as Windows7, Windows 2008 Server, Ubuntu etc.
• Get familiar with penetration testing based on client side exploitation techniques with detailed analysis of vulnerabilities and codes
• Avail of exclusive coverage of antivirus bypassing techniques using metasploit
• Master post-exploitation techniques such as exploring the target, keystrokes capturing, sniffing, pivoting, setting persistent connections etc.
• Build and analyze meterpreter scripts in Ruby
• Build and export exploits to framework
• Use extension tools like Armitage, SET etc.
This is a Cookbook which follows a practical task-based style. There are plenty of code and commands used for illustration which make your learning curve easy and quick.
Who this book is for
This book targets both professional penetration testers as well as new users of Metasploit who wish to gain expertise over the framework. The book requires basic knowledge of scanning, exploitation, and Ruby language.
• Paperback: 268 pages
• Publisher: Packt Publishing (June 2012)
• Language: English
• ISBN-10: 1849517428
• ISBN-13: 978-1849517423
• URL: Metasploit Penetration Testing Cookbook(Free shipping in India)
If you purchase the book then don’t forget to share your reviews.
No Comments Yet