In recent times cyber security has raised the level of awareness and public consciousness as never before. Both large corporations and big organizations try to take care of online security as much as they can. That’s why cyber criminals and hackers have focused more on smaller companies and single entrepreneurs. This awful tendency leads to private and financial data leaks as most small organizations don’t have such resources and awareness as large corporations have.
Today we’re going to talk about some basic but very effective tips to help you to stop hackers from stealing any data from your devices.
But first of all, a question for those who read this article while sitting in a cafe or airport. Do you have a VPN installed? Do you actually know how much private data is stolen by hackers and cyber criminals via public Wi-Fi networks? If you have no idea what is a VPN and why it is so important for your device, go to www.Bestvpnrating.com and get all needed information about the service.
Cyber Security: 5 Tips
The following cyber security tips are something very basic for your devices like locking the door or a car. These are the things which can be implemented even if you’re not good with computers or programming. No additional skills or knowledge needed!
So, let’s skip to the actual tips.
- Strong passwords: Fix your passwords even if you think they are strong enough to protect your data. Probably, the truth is opposite. When creating a password make it meaningful. The most frequent mistake is using dictionary passwords. It is better to create password phrases, something meaningful for you. This step will immediately make your password much secure as a hacker won’t find it very easy to guess it. BUT! Never use that one strong password for every single account you have.
One more rule that always works for the password is the longer the better.
- Two-factor authentication: What it means is that a password won’t be enough to unlock your account. Two-factor authentication can help you in those situations when your password is stolen. In this case, a system sends you a message asking for the second form of verification.
- Antivirus software: Don’t regret spending money on your cyber security and invest in a good antivirus software. Once installed it will be constantly running in the background and protecting your computer, notifying you in case of harmful programs in the global web.
- Data center: If you run a small company, it is important to invest in the data center at least. Putting your company’s data into the data center is the easiest and the simplest way of the additional layer of information security. As it is the direct job of data centers to take care of the data security.
- SPAM identification: When you receive an email from your bank asking for some personal data or passwords, it is a 100% spam message. Learn to detect suspicious emails and delete them immediately after receiving. And make sure everyone in your company knows it too. This provides a good starting point for your computer security.
These are the smallest steps you can take to improve your cyber security system by yourself. Hopefully, you’ve found it informative and beneficial. Keep your private and financial information safe!