SpyDllRemover is the specialized tool for detecting spyware & hidden Rootkit Dlls in the System. It can also detect & remove user-land Rootkit processes as well as other spyware processes using multiple [user-land] Rootkit detection algorithms coupled with in-house Process heuristics. This makes it a generic tool for detecting & removing any known as well as unknown threats compared to traditional Antivirus Softwares which can detect only known threats.
[Update: 4th Oct 2010] Check out the Video on SpyDllRemover Detecting HxDef Rootkit
New version 4.0 brings in following major features,
- Advanced ‘Online Threat Verification’ of suspicious elements using VirusTotal, ThreatExpert, ProcessLibrary & Google Search.
- Improved Heuristic based Auto-Analysis to significantly reduce the manual work.
- Special Process based Heuristics for detection spywares along with user-land Rootkits.
- Direct interface with Process & File specific operations to defeat any tricks by user-land Rootkits.
- Integration of third party applications for extended analysis of suspicious Process or Dll.
- [Highly Asked] Fully Re-sizable window for better usability and analysis
- ‘Right Click Menu’ integration for quick actions
- Enhanced user interface with new clean banner without spider 🙂
This time we have opened it for few selected beta testers and many of them came forward to test this mega version. Here is the list of individuals who proudly took part in private beta testing and greatly helped in making of this final version. (please let me know if I have missed someone)
- EvilFingers (all time 🙂 )
- Gordon Garcia
- falgun vaddepalli
- rich jervis
- Mark Fisher
- and few more (name with hold for privacy reasons)
We would like to specially thank each individual who voluntarily participated in the private beta testing by putting their precious time & energy in testing as well as sending suggestions/bug reports.
Though I have tried to put in as many features as possible this time, there is lot more to go to make it a really useful product on a day to day basis. With the advent of advanced spywares/rootkits which uses one or another form of injection to get planted themselves into legitimate processes, it is the fitting need of the time to detect such malicious injections and remove them. Hopefully next version of SpyDllRemover will answer those questions !
Till then, play with this mega version of SpyDllRemover and do send us your bug reports and suggestions.