Below is the fresh glimpse of new banner which is going to replace old one. Just being the old, other reason for change was the spider icon in the previous banner which some people were allergic about. New banner symbolizes the splendid blue colored icon along with RootkitAnalytics logo on the right side. Let us know what you think about it.
Here is the status about previously highlighted work,
- Advanced Online Threat Verification using VirusTotal, ThreatExpert and Process Library
- Fully Re-sizable window for better usability and analysis
- Right click context menu option to quickly choose the right actions such as remove dll, kill process, online verification, open folder, open file in various editor, view properties etc
- Improved Auto-Analysis which will significantly reduce the manual analysis.
- Enhanced look & feel with new banner (no spider now 🙂 ) , new icon , smaller buttons, better icons etc.
- Option to open the DLL/EXE with Notepad, WordPad, UltraEdit or any of your favorite application (such as PEditor) for extended analysis.
- New options dialog to control general settings.
All green marked work actions are completed and work is going on full swing on the red items. In addition to there is lot more work to be done on fixing various bugs including some of the annoying ones. Improved auto analysis is going to help the user by reducing the number of analysis items during the scan.Also advanced threat verification with online portals such as VirusTotal, ThreatExpert and ProcessLibrary will immensely help in distinguish between good and malicious threats.
If you have any suggestions which can improve and quick one, then we can take it into the release. Either way do send your suggestions and feedbacks.
This major release is scheduled for the end of the this month, but I am expecting it to be cut out early provided stars continue to shine in the sky.